Sunday, November 17, 2013

Classic show stopper...

Malinda Williams is a classic beauty. Her sleek hair cut allows her to have fun with her makeup, but I love how she keeps it simple. She knows how to accentuate her features and let her beauty shine through the make up. For the Soul Train Awards she was wearing black and white so she wanted to focus on the eyes and wear a bold lip for her pop of color.
1. To start I always do the brows. I use MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil to give the brow the shape I want. Then I use the Anastasia Brow Kit brow powder in brown to fill in the brow. I highlight under the brow with NARS Toffee Concealer.

2. I used MAC paint in Artjam as a base then I use Cover Girl Eye Enhancer shadows to blend the look to perfection. I always use a warm color like MAC Texture or Saddle to blend through the crease when I use frosty or shimmer shadows.
3. I used Loreal HIP color truth in black to line the top of the lid, and I wet MAC Eyeshadow in Sketch to smudge and smoke out the eye under her bottom lashes. I lined the water line with MAC Smolder pencil, and we double stacked lashes for a more dramatic look.
4. Her skin was highlighted with Milani Tan Tastic, and her lip was a Love and War hot pink gloss stain by REVEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment